Top Ten Tuesday is meme where we list our top tens! This was created by the amazing The Broke and the Bookish! This week it’s the books that we we’d love to see as Movies/TV Shows, and boy do I have ideas for this one. I am very iffy about book-to-movie/TV adaptations, they have to be done right man! But these are my picks.
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – I was actually inspired by Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner (she mentions this one as well), and I agree with her so much. This would make the most epic TV show and if it had a Lost kind of vibe to it, I just think that this show could be really great.
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman – After going through all of Gayle’s books, I think this would make an excellent movie. This book has a great mystery behind it and I really think it could translate in to film beautifully. If it was to be made into a movie, I worry that the Hollywood people would make the romance a bigger part of the story than it is.
- Ruby Red Trilogy by Kirsten Gier – This would make such a good TV show! It’s got the right amount of fantasy and romance. It would be like a toned down version of Doctor Who, without all the space aliens. (Update: I just was reminded that there was a movie, lol. But I still think it would make a cool tv show.)
- The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone – I think this would be really cool to see in a movie. It’s got an interview format, but there could be flashbacks as well. This could be a really great film festival movie.
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson – This book has film festival written all over it. It would be so artsy and deep that I think could translate into film really nicely. Even though I did have problems with this book (*Cough* Jude *Cough*), it would be a great movie.
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – Even though I haven’t finished this book, I think it would be such a cool TV show. It’s got a Game of Thrones-esque setting and the magic system is so cool. The Mistborn Trilogy could easily become the next great fantasy show.
- Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle – Yes this is a book that takes place during Christmas, but this would be the cutest Christmas movie. It would be like Love Actually and it would be so cute.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Does it need saying? Paris, cute boy, and movies, this is prime movie material.
- Paper Airplanes by Dawn O’Porter – The more I thought about this, the more I think it would be a great indie film. This book has an amazing portrayal of teen life and it would be an awesome indie film.
- The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider – Oh my god would this be a good movie and the refrences would be off the charts
So those were the book that I think would be great Movie/TV adaptations. There are probably a ton more that would be great, but I can’t think of any right now.
What are some books that you would like to see on the screen? Do you agree or disagree with my choices?
~ Katie (Book Arrows)