Hey guys! So there have been some super cool read-a-thon announcements lately and I thought I would share the ones that I am going to be participating in! The BookTube-a-thon is happening soon (I think?), so I want to get back in to the read-a-thon groove.
The first read-a-thon I will be participating in was created by Shannon @ Leaning Lights! And it is called #TBRTakedown which I think is super clever. The read-a-thon will take place from June 1-7. There are different challenges, but I’m going to put Shannon’s announcement video below because she explains it a lot better than I will.
Here’s my TBR for the read-a-thon!
- A book that’s been on your TBR shelf over a year! – The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (It’s about time that I read this!)
- An unread sequel sitting on your TBR shelf. – Emerald Green by Kirsten Gier
- A first book in a series on your TBR shelf. – Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- An “out of your comfort zone” book on your TBR shelf! – An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- A book from your most recent book haul! – Anything Could Happen by Will Walton
So the next read-a-thon is called #MonthofMatson & #FiveFaves! These were created by Maureen Keavy! The #MonthofMatson read-a-thon will take place throughout the month of June and the goal is to read at least one Morgan Matson book (who is my one of my favorite authors so this should be no problem). The #FiveFaves read-a-thon will take place throughout the summer and the goal is to re-read five of your favorite books! I don’t know my TBR for that one yet, but I will let you guys know as soon as I do. Here’s Maureen’s video explaining them!
So those are some of the read-a-thons that I will be participating in, in the next couple of weeks. I will let you guys know of any others when they are announced.
I’m also thinking of doing a weekly wrap up kind of thing, but I can’t think of a catchy name for it. Can you guys come up with something or give me suggestions? Because I can’t.
I will see you in my next post!
– Katie (Book Arrows)